Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sick Day, Schmick Day





I got a call from daycare today at around 9:45 that Ella had thrown up during circle time. She didn't have a fever or any other symptoms, but just to be safe they wanted me to pick her up. When I got there, the kids were listening as Shauna read a story and Ella looked over at me with this "what the heck are you doing here so early? I'm playing with my friends" kind of look. It was such a nice day and she was in such a good mood that we decided to stop by the pond near our house to scope out some fish. We didn't find any, but we had a great time collecting acorns, throwing leaves in the stream and watching them drift away, and hiding from each other behind the big bushes. We stayed for a while and then headed home for lunch and a solid nap. Later on, we had some relaxing T.V. time, did some cooking in her kitchen, and drew a few cats.

At some point, she found her new backpack and decided to fill it with Wonder Pets and put it on. She found her new sunglasses and put those on too. I began snapping pictures, sure that she would take everything off as quickly as she'd put it on. Instead, she began posing and even turned around so I could take a picture of the backpack. When Michael got home, we told her she could wear her backpack and sunglasses to school tomorrow if she would take them off for her bath. She finally relented.

All in all, it was a pretty nice sick day.

No comments:

Post a Comment