Thursday, February 16, 2012
This Week in Cuteness
The other day someone asked us which age has been the best so far for raising a munchkin. Mike and I didn't even need to make eye contact before saying, "This one." Some people are baby people. I assume those people don't care about sleep, or have bad hearing, or maybe they are composed of mostly robot parts. Most likely, they had even-tempered babies and, therefore, a very different experience than I had. You all know the stories, so I won't bore you with them again. The point is that Mike and I have finally gotten to that place where we think to ourselves and out loud, "God damn Ella B, you are so freaking cute. Just stay like this forever." Toddlerhood is where it's at as far as we're concerned and it just keeps getting more hilarious every day. I thought I'd take a few minutes to share this week's cuteness update with you.
1. The Hokey Pokey- The other day she started doing it in the driveway, singing along and putting her two little pointer fingers in the air as she twirled around.
2. The picture- She has started drawing people and, specifically, her family on a regular basis. It might not look like much to you, but I actually saw her draw Mike's head and then say, "Daddy's beard" as she scribbled on the bottom of his face. She drew herself much smaller because, "Daddy big. Ella little." Obviously.
3. Family- This is her new favorite word and now we have to do lots of things as a "family." Wednesday night we all had to blow on her dinner to cool it down as a family and then we had to have a big family "Rawr!" session in which we all pretend to be dinosaurs. Before bed we have to have a "family hug."
4. Yesterday morning when she woke up at 5:30 she looked at me from her crib and said, "party time."
5. Potty- she has become increasingly interested in the potty and actually peed in it two nights ago. When she sits on it she pushes as hard as she possibly can to make something come out. She was very proud of herself when it actually worked.
That's about it for the weekly update. Hope your life is filled with as much cuteness as mine is!