Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's my party and I'll sleep if I want to






So, Ella B's b-day party was last week (okay- more like a week and a half ago, but who's counting) and let's just say, it didn't go quite as perfectly as I'd hoped. And yes, maybe it was unnecessary to invite 60 people to a two-year-old's birthday party, and yes maybe it was unnecessary for me to cook Chinese food for said group of people, but I really thought I'd be able to pull it off. On top of all that, Miss B decided to take a late nap and sleep through half her party. By the time I finally went up to get her, people were ready to leave and we had to rush through the cake and presents with a sleepy, confused, and overwhelmed birthday girl.

After most of the guests left, my sister and her family stayed to play and Ella got to have some quality time with Izzy who washed her hair and lotioned her after her bath. Mike and I were lucky enough to spend the night playing a rollicking game of Cranium with Jessica and Alan, so it wasn't a total bust.

I must say that while I didn't get to enjoy the party as much as I would have liked, the kids certainly seemed to have a great time. Every time I looked around, there was another kid crashing Ella's quad into the wall and catapulting off the trampoline. So, it was still a good time.

Needless to say, my husband made me sign a contract saying we'll be serving pizza next year. I really had no good argument to the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment