Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This Bites

So, Operation: Awesome Summer has hit a roadblock. It's called MOLARS! I don't know if any of you remember pointy, white spawns of Satan ripping through your tender gums at an excruciating snail's pace, but Ella B will tell you, it sucks. Teething really is cruel and if it happened to adults, I'm sure that Pfizer would have already invented the anti-teething drug, or we would have genetically engineered people to be born with full sets of adult teeth. No such luck for Beezer, so she has become a drooling, grumpy, whiny mess of a girl who wakes up at 3 a.m. and cries the second I walk out of any room. It has also catapulted her into full toddler flop-on-the-floor tantrum mode.

Here are some of the things that have set her off lately:

Her hat fell off
There aren't enough bubbles in the tub
The big bubble wand doesn't fit in the small bubble container
The visible root systems of trees are not sticks she can pick up (really)

And here are some of the things I have done to ruin her life lately:

I won't let her pick green tomatoes
I cut her blueberries in half
I won't let her suck on a sponge
I try to stop her from pinching me (I know, I'm a jerk)

We know this will pass, but there is really no telling how long it will last, so we are still trying to make the most of our summer. We have already been to the library and the playground at BCS where Ella B climbed up to the big kid swirly slide and went down all by herself, like a million times, huge toothy grin, hair all statically and wild.

So, we've got those moments, too, and I know that in the long run, those moments count double.

2 comments:

  1. I love this.... I needed to read that someone else is busy ruining their child's life, and that I am not the only one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is only the beginning - you will have lots of ways to ruin her life before long - ask mike - i am sure i totally ruined his life many, many ways - maybe that is why i do not hear from him anymore

    ReplyDelete