Saturday, May 28, 2011

Date Night


Once in a while every mom and dad deserve a date night. Unfortunatley for my husband that meant heading out last night to the senior prom. For me it was a win/win. A chance to get dressed up and go to a fancy hotel for a free meal, and be able to spend a nice night with my kids before they graduate. For Michael, it was standing around in a hot room and taking pictures of me with random high school kids he doesn't know. Oh well, he was a good sport about it anyway. Normally, Christina and I would go together, but as she is awaiting the birth of her child literally any second (it will be tomorrow, Chris, I can feel it!) she refused to attend. I told her that a little bumping and grinding on the dance floor might shake that baby loose, but alas, she would not listen to me.

So, we asked Ella's favorite teacher from daycare, Miss Amanda, to babysit. This is a big deal since it is our first time leaving her with a real babysitter (by real of course I mean someone you have to pay) rather than her Nene and Pop Pop. I was really not nervous at all and excited to have a reason to put on nail polish and Spanx. Mike stayed for most of the night and then headed home. I stayed with my friend Wendy and we didn't get home until 2 am! I haven't done that in years, and it felt good to just pass out with my makeup on and a fun night behind me.

Of course, it was back to reality at 5:30 when Beezer woke up and wanted to cuddle up with me and her bottle and watch Wow! Wow! Wubbzy. So, I'm hurtin' a little today, but still glad we went and had a baby free night.

BTW, how cute is my prom date?

PS- Yes this is the same dress that I wore to Kevin and Laura's wedding and Chad and Holly's wedding. Ya know what- if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment