Sunday, May 8, 2011

You're still a mother on Mother's Day












Today is Mother's Day, and in case you forgot, I am a mother (wierd, right?). So, today is my day to relax and enjoy the fruits of all my hard work being one serious mother. I told Mike that I didn't want any presents/cards/what have you, I just wanted to sleep in (until 7:30- crazyiness!) and I just wanted Mike to be in charge of Beezer all day. So, basically, on Mother's Day I just didn't really want to have to be a mom. Is that wrong? Well, before you judge me, it didn't work out that way anyway. Beezer ended up getting sick and spent the entire day either crying or sleeping in either of our arms. I felt pretty bad for my little nugget and for us. I guess there really is no day off for moms. So, today wasn't as great as it could have been, but I still get to be the lucky mom of the cutest little nugget on the planet. I'm also pretty lucky to have such a great mom myself. And happy birthday tomorrow, Mom!

Yesterday I was also lucky enough to spend time with my sister and her family and my cousins Kristy and Jacob. We played outside, ate pulled pork burritos and chocolate cookies, and walked to the park. Who's better than us? (Hint: no one). So, there were some ups and some downs, but I guess that's what being a mom is all about.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone. And Happy almost Mother's Day to the prettiest pregnant girl in the whole world, Mrs. Christina Allen!

No comments:

Post a Comment